Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Picking blueberries



One of my friends from AJ, Jaque, mentioned that she and her roommate, Nancy, were going to a blueberry farm over the weekend to pick berries. Growing up in Atlanta doesn't give a girl many opportunities to pick anything but what to put on her pizza, so I jumped at the chance. Despite the heat, Jaque and Nancy and I had a pretty good time. Those girls racked up in blueberry goodness, filling grocery bags and plastic containers. I only filled about half of a plastic container, but I still have a feeling I'm going to be eating blueberry scones, muffins and pancakes for quite some time. Today I learned that they freeze well and have a ridiculous dosage of anti-oxidants which are wrinkle-fighters, so it's a win-win situation. Upstate NY farmland is beautiful, by the way.

No comments: