Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Registration tomorrow, headache today

Well, tomorrow we get to register online for classes. I have to admit, I'm a little nervous about this whole thing. Although I have mastered online banking extremely well, and I can't remember the last time I actually wrote a check. I'm thinking this registration thing should be pretty similar, right?

You see, the last time I was in school, the internet was barely existent. I was taking an HTML class, and about 1% of my friends had e-mail. It's amazing how quickly the technology has taken over our lives. I currently don't have internet at home, and well, I'm about to lose my freaking mind. Every time I think about looking something up or e-mailing someone, I have to drag my butt to the library on campus to do it. (My friends have noticed I haven't been in touch very much lately...)

Even my professors are communicating with us via e-mail, and I am falling behind in classes because I didn't get an e-mail until the next morning.

It was a ridiculous experiment, I realize now. How could I think that I could live without internet in my home? Yes, I am lazy, but who wouldn't prefer to do research at home within reach of the coffeemaker than sitting in an uncomfortable library chair?

Do not fear friends, I have a new neighbor upstairs who a) has a router and b) is happy to let me share his internet connection, once he gets it hooked up. So I should be back online regularly within a month or so.

1 comment:

Anirban said...

Good luck registering for classes! Hopefully it's less annoying than the craptastic experience offered by UTexas.