Thursday, May 03, 2007

Traveler


Coming to ABC next week... I reviewed the pilot episode for this program during my internship at the Museum of Television and Radio. ABC pretty much gives up the whole story in its promo for the show. It's about a group of guys who are college buddies, and they decide to take one last road trip after graduation before they have to be responsible adults. It all starts off generically frat-party-esque, and then things go terribly awry. The pilot was interesting enough that I would watch a few more episodes to see where it goes. The characters are kind of plain, each guy fitting into a particular stereotype. (That aspect didn't excite me much.) It tries to be more suspenseful than the average twenty-something drama, which makes it kind of The OC-meets-Prison Break. It's an interesting choice for ABC, because I would've expected this show on FOX or The CW. But anyway, I don't want to give up the entire plot right here, so if you're curious, go watch the preview at ABC.com. The show premieres Thursday, May 10 at 10 p.m.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a reality-TV version of Deliverance.

*strokes beard thoughtfully*

Hmmmm...I think I'm on to something here.