Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Day 2. Vegan Detox diet.

Well, I survived official day 1 of the detox diet. But I've realized I need to have a couple of solid recipes in my arsenal, or else this is never going to work. I seem to do really well until I get home from work, and then I just want to order take-out every night. Luckily for me, I live in NYC, and there's a fantastic vegan restaurant four blocks away that delivers. But I am proud to report that I did not succumb to that yet. I'm trying to save it for Friday night, when I really need it.

Here's what I ate yesterday:
B'fast
-1 glass water with fresh lemon
-2 small Snickerdoodles w/ my morning tea
-1/2 cup brown rice with sliced bananas & 1 tsp of almond butter

Control room snack
(instead of my usual vending machine fare)
-1/2 cup pistachios w/ shells
-water

Lunch
-1/2 cup brown rice
-1/2 cup kidney bean & broccolini curry (that I made over the weekend)
-water

Snack & dinner
(I wasn't very hungry, so I just snacked a bit before I went to bed)
-1/2 cup trail mix with almonds, walnuts, cranberries, raisins, & dried bananas
-4 dark chocolate covered cashews
-1 pear
-water

In my fridge, I have arugula, cucumbers, tomatoes, cabbage, green beans, potatoes, and onions. I have several large containers full of spices from all over the world. I should be able to cobble something together for dinner with this stuff, right? Looking for some viable recipes now... ideas are welcome!

(A couple of side notes - the blog that I am borrowing this diet from says that you'll be more tired initially, and you should plan to get a lot of rest. I can't tell if I'm really more tired, or if my day job is just that draining. I suspect it's door number 2, but I guess I'll have a better sense on the weekend. You are also supposed to get 30 minutes of leisurely exercise every day, but I haven't really been doing much more than walking to work occasionally. Since it's supposed to snow today, that's not going to happen yet again. I'll ramp it up next week.)

No comments: