Friday, April 17, 2009

Hooray for high speed rail!


I have to post this link which outlines Obama's plan for a high speed rail system. This is something I have longed for since I first went to study in England, many years ago. I loved the idea of just getting on a train and being in another country within a few hours. I went to Paris on the Eurostar so many times when I lived in London, and it was so much easier and more comfortable than dealing with the airport lines and security checks, not to mention the long-distance journeys out to the airport. I have fantasized having an efficient train system in this country - it would be so nice to jump on an overnight train and be in Atlanta the next day. No fuss, just countryside views and a place to plug in my laptop. I am not so naive as to think this plan will pass instantly, but I am thrilled that someone is finally lobbying for this type of system. Here's hoping it comes to fruition someday soon.

1 comment:

ladybugDZ said...

my fingers are crossed as well!