Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New home



Kenzi this is for you! The movers brought my stuff from Atlanta yesterday, and I actually felt horrible for them because I now live in a 4th floor walk-up on the upper east side. It's probably the biggest place that I found when I was looking, but to you Atlanta and Texas folk, it's going to seem miniscule. But it has nice, newly finished hardwood floors (which you can't see because of the boxes everywhere right now) and two entire rooms - a bedroom AND a living room. (You have no idea how difficult that is to find on a budget in this town...)



There's not much storage, but the singular closet (hidden behind those boxes) has some nice shelving in it which should help. Now my challenge is going to be where to put the rest of the stuff. I think I'm going to have to do a major mental overhaul of what absolute needed household items are. My goal is to be unpacked by the end of October. We'll see what happens...



This is my new sofabed (which was also uncool for the movers to carry up three flights of stairs, because apparently it's enormously heavy) which is going to double as the guest sleeper. The cable/phone people are coming out on Saturday morning. I still need to get a couple of things furniture-wise, but I figure I should probably unpack a little before I add to the immediate clutter. The good news is that the place was given a complete overhaul between the last tenant and myself. It's freshly painted, the bathroom is recaulked, and I have all new appliances (stove/oven and fridge.) I also mentioned the gorgeous hardwood floors, and the ceilings are high, so it doesn't feel so box-like. Big windows also help on adding airiness to the space, and there is lots of natural light.

That's the scoop on the new digs.

5 comments:

ladybugDZ said...

I puffy heart the fabulous red couch! It's so you!! Congrats to you! Thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

WOW! You're a New Yorker now. Keep posting pictures as you get things unpacked.

Howard said...

sofabeds are always a nightmare to move, especially up 4th floors! -- ouch! Enjoy NY!

Oblivia said...

I've missed you!

spf42 said...

Your place looks awesome. And I <3 red couches!