Thursday, April 12, 2007

Chicken Noodle Soup?


The cosmos united this week to provide me with not only two lectures on rap and hip-hop music (via my History of Rock class), but also an entire Oprah audience trying to keep up with an Alvin Ailey hip-hop instructor.

It was pretty much the funniest thing I've seen all week (except for Tuesday's episode of the Daily Show and oh yeah, yesterday's Oprah episode on "How to be Happy". WTF was that all about? Seriously, people need a life lesson telling them that they have to find happiness within themselves? Seriously??)

But back to the hip-hop thang. Apparently the hottest moves are steps called "Chicken Noodle Soup" and "The Old Man." Now thanks to Oprah, we can all pretend to be just a little hipper. And people (my friend Nick, specifically) say that I dance like a white boy...

(Photo courtesy of Harpo Productions.)

1 comment:

ladybugDZ said...

I watch that Oprah episode and told Kathy she had to watch it. It was truly hilarious!