Sunday, November 26, 2006

Ben Folds punking his audience?



Look here for the story on Ben Folds.



And here's some slightly silly TV news for those of you that like useless trivia as much as I do: VH1 Classic is going to show "Pop-Up Video," two classic episodes at a time starting at 8 p.m. every night this week. Anyone else remember that show? (I was very excited until I flipped it on tonight and found Meatloaf and Mariah Carey doing their 90s thang. That did not please me...)



In other news, we're-not-gonna-take-it rockers Twisted Sister released a Christmas album this year. In case you were pining to check this out in a live rock situation, fret not, their Christmas tour starts on Dec. 1.

I'm not sure if I can take that. Although the AP gave it a good review, heralding: "This is, quite simply, the best hard rock Christmas album ever made, and one of the best rock 'n' roll Christmas albums period since Elvis made his. It's THAT good."

A hard rock Christmas album. Hmm... something I'd never thought was missing from the repertoire of holiday music, but who am I to argue? At this point, I am tempted to actually buy this thing and check it out myself. What's next? A Hanukkah album by Kiss?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved Pop-Up Video!

Carl Yost said...

Pop-Up Video? Damn, almost makes me wish I still had TV.

(But I love your "we're-not-gonna-take-it rockers" label for Twisted Sister. ;-)

Anirban said...

Def let me know how that Twisted Christmas album is ;-)